Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Zpacks Altaplex Tent

Hi This is Fed-X 
And this is my new Zpacks Altaplex Tent.
Here is a quick YouTube of the set up 

I Set it up today, and absolutely love it. This is my new home for the summer! Weighing in at 16.9 oz, It took a full pound out of my pack. 

With this set up (above) you get ventilation and lite rain protection. With both doors closed (below) you are set for major rain.
It takes 10 tent stakes and 1 hiking pole to set up the Altaplex tent, and it went  very well for my first time setting it up. The Altaplex is a very intuitive design.
I'm using Komperdell carbon Treking poles. 
Plenty of room to keep your backpack inside the tent.

With guy lines and tent stakes were looking at 20.5 oz. In an emergency
you could put two people in the Altaplex, but It would Not work on a daily basis. 
The Duplex is the way to go for 2 people.
When purchasing this tent I was torn between the Altaplex and the Duplex 
with just a 4oz difference but in the end I decided to save the 4oz. since I am a solo hiker.
My first impressions of the Altaplex tent; 
Light, durable and spacious a worthy investment. I really like Cuban fiber.

Hope to see you out there on the trail!

Fed-X




6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How tall are you Andy? I'm a 6'2", slimmer guy and am wondering how I'll fit, thinking about ordering one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Josh I am 6'1" and this tent has plenty of room you could be 6'6" and still be happy.
      Very spacious.

      Delete
  3. Regards 6"2 see
    http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=100945

    ReplyDelete