Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Gearing up my mind


The PCT (Pacific Crest Trail) 2650 Miles from Mexico to Canada
 becoming a reality or not?


My mind is filled with all sorts of feelings ... Gear is ready, I’m ready, but my wallet is not.
I keep telling myself some how this will work out. Yes I should have planned months ago for a trip like this, but sometimes following your heart is what one needs to achieve a goal of this magnitude. I hope you too believe in following your dreams. The trail is calling me.


My dream last year was to hike the John Muir Trail.  I did it piece by piece in between my busy work schedule. My smile grew steadily with each section I hiked. As the summer moved along. I moved closer and closer to my goal.

About half way through the summer life suddenly became interesting. Its like a light bulb turned on.  People notice, when you follow your dreams they can see it on your face or something. Maybe it was that new energy or maybe it was just time, but after years of being single a beautiful woman walked into my life. Sure enough a month and a half later,  I found myself with Sandy (that beautiful woman by my side) on top of Mt Whitney The finish line of my JMT hike.

 Sandy & Andy Whitney summit  elv. 14,505 ft. 9/13/13
So now its PCT or BUST!
I'm scraping my pennies to get this show on the road! I've organized a sabbatical from work and my sister Betsy & her husband Greg are on board as my support team. Thanks Guys!!! They will be shipping boxes of gear and food to me along the trail. Sandy plans on meeting me on the trail for part of the Sierras. Please follow my blog as I move forward towards the trail.

Special Thanks To: Carl and Maggie owners of The Davison St Guest House Thanks for the shoes, and a job to come back to!

No comments:

Post a Comment